“UNDP is the UN's global development network, an organization advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. We are on the ground in about 170 countries and territories, including Indonesia, working to eradicate poverty while protecting the planet. UNDP supports implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). In Indonesia, UNDP works with the Government to integrate SDGs into national plan and policies.”
In response to the recent Central Sulawesi and NTB earthquakes and tsunami, UNDP has initiated the Sulawesi / Lombok Programme for Earthquake and Tsunami Infrastructure Reconstruction Assistance (‘PETRA’ in short) to support the Government of Indonesia’s Rehabilitation and Reconstruction programmes in the two Provinces.
The ultimate goal of PETRA is to contribute to the rehabilitation and reconstruction of key infrastructure to support the resilient recovery of disaster-affected communities in both provinces. It addresses the need to accelerate the restoration of critical public services (such as health and education), improve economic livelihood opportunities for affected communities, while, at the same time, enhancing resilience to future shocks in both provinces. It will be guided and informed by the post-disaster needs assessments and will be fully aligned with relevant national and sub-national recovery plans.
PETRA will deliver two outputs, namely: (a) Rehabilitation and reconstruction of partially and fully damaged infrastructure for critical public services; and (b) Rehabilitation of affected communities’ economic infrastructure to promote more resilient and sustainable livelihoods
Under the guidance and supervision of the Project Manager, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring high accuracy of work. The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
The Driver provides driving services to the programme and project staff in the Central Sulawesi / Lombok.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Summary of Key Functions:
1. Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items and b) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
2. Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
3. Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
4. Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts.
5. Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
6. The incumbent of the position should avoid any kind of discriminatory behavior including gender discrimination and ensure that
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the accurate, safe and timely execution of the CO services.